The yarns are Galway Worsted and Manos Del Uruguay.
I loved the sweater, it was thick and warm, I wanted to wear it! I often looked at it longingly!
Since the temperature is getting colder and colder and I want to be cosy and look cute, I decided to grow a pair and repair the sleeves then install a zipper! This weekend was cold and wet, the perfect combination for a warm sweater. The perfect weather to do surgery on a couple of humongous sleeves and to install my first zipper on a hand knit.
I did it!!!!! The sleeves were quite easy to fix, a lot easier than I had expected! But it took me a long time to get the zipper just right and to make it completely disappear when it's done up! But I succeeded! The patterns also match!
The sleeves are now a lot narrower! They fit!
Yes, I cut my sleeves! I'd never done it before and it was strangely liberating!
With time, the raw edges should felt a bit...
I sewed the sleeves twice to make sure nothing would unravel. Once with the Galway wool and another time with red sewing thread (because of all the floats...).
It's hard to take pictures of myself all alone, so forgive me for the crappy photos, but this is how it now fits!